Reign of the Olympians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Attack on Lerna

2 posters

Go down

The Attack on Lerna Empty The Attack on Lerna

Post by Chaos. Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:56 am

The world was still, peace was flooding the valley, only the noise of the moving wind could be heard, rhythmically in the scene of pure serenity. Among the nature lied, a clear blue pool of crystalline water surround by a grove of small saplings that eagerly budded towards the sky. Few clouds littered the sun light, peace was unwavering. A small swarm of birds began to fill the clear open blue sky, singing and chirping, filling the quiet air with cheerful sounds. In an unrecognized feat, a young figure walked peacefully through the forest, without disrupting the peace. To keep his face hidden, Riku put his hood back on. He knew crossing the lake would be cake, but he had no idea how he would manage to attack the village. He stood off the edge of the forest, with the lake sitting quietly in front of him. He thought about Rin and decided to wait for her before he began the attack. Being tired from all the excitement he had been through the day, Riku lay down by an oak tree and took a nice long nap.
Chaos.
Chaos.

https://roto.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Attack on Lerna Empty Re: The Attack on Lerna

Post by Rin Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:14 pm

Turquoise eyes glanced around the surrounding peaceful valley, those eyes reflecting a small look of fading sadness. A rather gothic female stood on one of the hills of the village, her hood pulled back to let the gentle breeze blow on her pale face.
Rin didn't want to attack this village, for the fact that it seemed so peaceful - but, she had too much pride to back down now. Instead of dwelling on what she would do, she simply dwelled on how she would do it - shadow came in handy, especially in dark places. With the position of the sun, most people would be outside enjoying the afternoon heat before it faded to the inevitable darkness.
Unfortunately, Rin would have to rely on alleys, houses, and trees for a large amount of shadow to use.
She began walking down the hill, appearing not in a hurry - she got the hellhound she came here to stop short, so she could take a more scenic route to meet her brother before destroying the village. With pale hands Rin put her hood back over her head, the shadow from it dark enough to hide her face. Bring it...

Minutes later, she arrived at a large oak tree, recognizing a hooded figure lying beneath it to be her brother, judging from his body size and his posture. Though, she hoped this was correct - she didn't want to screw this up for Riku.
Rin neared him, trying to think of a way to scare him, or startle him at least. But, all she could come up with was simply yelling 'boo' loudly. She poked him after kneeling next to him, a light smirk playing across her pale face. "Boo!!!"
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos. Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:49 pm

Riku was sleeping peacefully beside the tree, undisturbed. A light breeze flowed down the valley, pushing away some of the heat. A few squirrels had gathered near Riku, peacefully minding their business. They seemed not afraid of him, even though he was a son of Hades. They felt the dark aura he released, but they also felt the brighter side of Riku. However, being that their brains weren't meant for complicated logic, they assumed he was innoccent; though a few kept their distance. Those were the smarter ones. "Boo!!!" He heard a femaline voice while he slept, the same tone his sister used. Despite her waking him up, Riku didn't seem suprised. She had done with twenty times, so far, since it was practically the only prank she used when they were little. Riku had cracked his eyes open slightly, but only enough that way Rin won't notice. "Maybe if you get rid of that emo attitude of yours, maybe your pranks would start going through." He said, sitting up. *Yawn* Ah! Ummm...Rin..." Riku looked frightened, staring at something that was watching them from behind. Turning, she would see a tall zombie. "Grrr...." The zombie said, coming closer toward Rin and Riku.
Chaos.
Chaos.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:14 pm

Rin pouted lightly, standing up straight. "Dood. You're trembling in fear on the inside... somehow." She blinked as she noticed his fearful expression, wondering what would make him afraid. Slowly she turned, her eyes widening when she saw a zombie... coming straight towards them. She would have just froze up with that, but with the noises it was making, scared the heck out of her.
"Not funny. Not funny at all." she spoke, trying to keep her fear under control - this wasn't some zombie movie where some loser created a freakish virus that made the dead rise from their graves. It was probably risen from a certain somebody that has their dad as the god of the dead...
Rin crossed her arms across her chest. "Like I'd be afraid of that!" But, it didn't sound too convincing. when the zombie began coming even closer, she took a step away, her eyes widening.
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos. Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:30 pm

"I didn't summon that piece of garbage, Rin, I swear. I can only summon skeleton warriors, but nothing else." Riku stared blankly at the zombie, but then stood up and backed towards the tree. The zombie tried to speed up his progress once he heard Riku call him a piece of garbage. "Nooo...garrr...bage..." It said, even more pissed off. Soon, two zombies sprung up out of the ground behind their 'leader'. Then a hand burst out of the ground and grabbed Rin's leg. Using her leg as a medium, the zombie burst out of the ground. Boooorrr!!!" It said, sounding like "boar". But the zombie really meant "boo". The other zombies laughed, or what seemed like laughter. Riku joined in, and tossed one of the zombies a golden drachma. "See yea, and take care." Riku said as the zombies instantly disappeared back into the ground. "Sorry, but it happened to be the ultimate prank. Those guys helped me setup everything. And I like I said, I didn't summon them. I payed them." He said, still with a smirk on his face. "Come on. We got work to do." Leaving the subject at that, Riku walked straight towards the river.
Chaos.
Chaos.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:54 pm

Rin completely panicked as she felt her leg being grabbed, almost in response the shadows from her jeans appeared to solidify and change shape to something akin to a blade, darting towards the hand.
But, Rin would've aimed for the head... if she wasn't panicking.
She moved to punch it in an upper cut quickly, stopping when she heard Riku begin laughing. An anime sweat drop appeared on her forehead, backing away from the zombie.
She deathglared her half brother, putting her hands in her pocket beginning to walk after him. That was so not fair... She thought. "I was going to tell you my plan, but considering you just scared the hell out of me..."
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos. Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:12 pm

"Thats nice, but we don't need any plan." Riku said. He was taking this whole mission like it was a casually routine he did everyday. He stopped instantly a few yards away from the lake, and there quietly. "Quiet. We don't want to disturb Willow's slumber." With that said, Riku's shadow began to slowly 'swallow' him. "Thats right, I forgot, your shadow technique is less accurate than mine. I should learn to remember that." He teased. He grabbed her arm before his engulfed them both and teleported them to the village. In a dark alley, a dark portal-like shadow appeared and quickly descended. There in the alley stood the children of Hades; Rin and Riku. "Oh yes, I forgot to mention that the village is now habited by monsters. Some while ago, Kronos' rise somehow increased the monster population. Long story short, the monsters took over this village and claimed it as a temperary headquaters because of its distinct location. There is atleast one-hundred of them, maybe more. Any questions?"
Chaos.
Chaos.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:25 pm

Rin stuck out her tongue at him playfully when he mentioned her shadow technique, though she was still a little shaken up from the zombies.
When they arrived in the alley, she glanced around, the area too dark to see her eyes clearly. At the mention of monsters, Rin smirked - now she didn't feel bad about destroying it at all. One hundred+? Bring. It.
"Nope." She replied. "I'm going to create a deep trench to seperate two halves of the village, and attempt to draw the monsters there. So, stay away from the middle of the village before then." She warned him. By 'a deep trench' she meant really deep - at least 50 feet down. Sure it'd take a lot of energy, but when any monsters even stepped over it or fell inside, shadows would either drag them down, rip them apart, or cut them to pieces. The kind of stuff that makes you feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.
With that, the shadows seemed to form around her, encasing her body to look as if she were consumed by a shadow. Giving her brother a smirk, she turned towards the end of the alley, and began casually walking outwards.
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos. Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:43 pm

"Thats your plan?! Pfft...good luck with that." He walked casually towards the side of the alley and examined it. He took out a tiny pouch filled with flamable greek powder inside, and tossed the bag into the garbage can that stood near the dark alley. He then created a ball of black fire in his hand and threw it at the garbage can. It instantly blew up, and quickly began to 'eat' away at the nearby buildings. He walked away casually, acting as if it was like another water balloon fight with his fellow monster friends. "Cake." He said, walking past his sister.

((Short.))
Chaos.
Chaos.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos. Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:06 pm

((Post, Rin! I'm soo bored.))
Chaos.
Chaos.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:09 pm

(OOC: Sorry XD Massive writers block. Sorry if any of this seems gm-ish - I go gm on NPCs, mainly for the fact that they're NPCs and can't complain.)

Rin smirked lightly, her facial expression obscured by the shadow around her. Usually she wouldn't use it, but she hasn't fought in a while - Rin was planning to use herself as bait, so she didn't want to take any chances.
As he said 'cake,' Rin decided that she could use her "plan" later... for now, she'd have some fun.
Almost in response, a tremor was felt throughout the ground. Rin stood still, crossing her arms - though, she was willing the area of the village to suffer from a minor earthquake, enough to collapse the houses and create a few fissures. Though, that wasn't enough apparently - the shadows seemed to come alive off of the buildings and even the monster's clothing, impaling and in some cases decapitating them.
She smirked, moving her hand towards a rather large shadow, in response the shadow reformed itself into a scythe shape, which Rin slung over her shoulder. "What was that about cake?" She asked. By now, the minor earthquake had stopped, leaving three quaters of the village destroyed - of course, she wouldn't stop at that. When it came to monsters, Rin was heartless and loved fighting them, especially when she knew they were afraid.
The shadow barrier around her reformed to a board beneath her feet, which Rin manipulated to float upwards, bringing her with it - similar to Gaara's sand off of Naruto. She could already feel tired, noting to not overdo it - Rin was constantly overdoing things, especially when fighting.
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos. Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:53 pm

"Oh yea, but can you do this?" Riku placed his left palm on the ground, and suddenly the ground started shaking. Then a small fissure opened up in the ground and three skeleton warriors appeared out of the ground. "Nice to see you again, master. You haven't summoned us in two years, when you wanted us to help you tee-pee Thanatos' Realm. How may we be of service? "Mission: Help us defeat the monsters that are lurking behind Rin." Yes, master. They readied themselves and then charged at the monsters that were lurking behind Rin. Supposedly wanting to kill her for attacking their little headquaters. "Look who ended up with the better powers." Riku said, sticking his tongue out at her. He felt a little dizzy, but he quickly recovered.
Chaos.
Chaos.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:45 am

(OOC: For not posting in a while, I'm going to make it up to you lol.)

Rin tried to control her fear as the skeletal warriors appeared out of the ground, manipulating the shadow she was standing on higher into the air in response. Though, this was out of habit - usually when she encountered zombies, she tried to put as much distance between her and them as possible.
"No, I can't summon those, and I probably won't ever even want to..."
Though, she sensed something behind her, as if something moving towards her. In response, Rin manipulated the shadow she was standing on to turn. She swung her shadow scythe upwards to parry a club of some sort the monster behind her was wielding, the blade of her shadow scythe passing through with little resistance. Unlike a regular scythe, she could control how sharp and how dull she wants it to be - in this case since she didn't know what was coming at her, she wanted it to be as sharp as she could while maintaining her energy.

A wicked, almost sadistic smile spread across Rin's face, her dark features on her pale skin giving her a look akin to something of evil. Oh, she'd enjoy this...
"Better powers, little brother?" She didn't bother looking at him - instead, her attention turned onto the monsters that the skeletal warriors were attacking. For a moment, she had to resist destroying the skeletal warriors - they may be her worst fear, but to her brother they were still useful.

Though, as her attention settled on them quickly, suddenly the largest monster seemed to simply... explode. Though, with no fire involved from a bomb-related explosion. What happened was simple - Rin had manipulated the shadows within the monster's clothing, dug them into its skin joining those shadows with the darkness already inside of the monster, and manipulated the shadow outside all at once...
(Again, I won't use this on an actual person. It's insanely OP, and I probably won't even use it much on NPCS. I just wanted to show off a little lol.)

And then boom.

A shower of lovely monster guts sprayed onto the surrounding people, missing Rin for the fact that she was above the range of the monster being torn from the inside out. If that wasn't enough, about four more monsters shared a similar fate, all of which being in Riku's line of vision.
She seemed to shudder slightly as she felt the after affects of manipulating so much shadow at once - filling her vision with red briefly, quickly recovering after wards. Think of when you get hit really, really hard on the forehead - your vision goes red, and you're dazed for about two seconds. Similar scenario with what's happening to Rin.
Of course, this wasn't enough. Rin dived into the now growing crowd of monsters, her smirk now downright sadistic. Oh, she hated monsters... what they did to humans, and how they hurt other demi-gods. And, it gave her targets to practice on...
When her feet landed, the shadow at her feet was risen to her other arm, acting as a shield. With one hand she maneuvered the shadow scythe, appearing not bothered by how heavy it should be - actually, it was quite light, thanks to Rin's manipulating of its weight.
Her smirk widened as she began fighting - nothing special, though her speed was impressive. With her speed, combined with how well she maneuvered her scythe in combination with protecting herself, she was able to dodge and parry most blows by the monsters. Of course, a few landed some lucky blows - very minor lucky blows, but blows nonetheless. Unlike say... a child of Aphrodite, Rin didn't care about the pain - it just made her want to return the favor, her trait from her father coming in: grudges. She doesn't appreciate being hurt, and now has killed all of the monsters who did hurt her.
Upon seeing a monster that resembled a blue fish, her smirk widened. "Fishstick!! Eat shadow, betch!(OOC: THis is pretty much me playing video games... ahh yelling at your opponents and taunting them is lovely...)

Rin ran at him, decapitating a few monsters in the process she suddenly stopped, leaping into the air. "Ten, little brother!" She yelled, clearly keeping count of her kills. When she came down, her foot hit the ground in a drop kick - instead of hurting herself from supposedly missing, the ground seemed to shatter around her foot. Well, not exactly shatter. Think of when a super human slams his fist down onto the ground - it causes many cracks, occasionally causing the ground to upheave. Similar situation with Rin dropkicking the ground, instead she used her geokenesis ability to cause the ground to have a similar affect.
She manipulated the rocks to move upwards suddenly, and then drop down onto the monsters with enough force to take off a limb or a head with a good enough size of rock.
"Fifteen! Twenty!"
Still, Rin was having fun - knowing approximately where each rock would drop, she had fun maneuvering through them and attacking monsters with her scythe, appearing unbothered by how much monster blood was on her. Actually, she reveled in it. When she fights someone, rarely she'll show this side of her - Rin hates this side of her. Though, with monsters was a much different story. Call her heartless when it comes to them, but she loved fighting them, via her much more sadistic side coming in.
She seemed to pause, looking at Riku, appearing to be surrounded in a circle of now dead monsters. "Now, it's my turn to ask you: who ended up with the better powers?"

Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down