Reign of the Olympians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Listlessness

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Listlessness Empty Listlessness

Post by NobleSlug Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:06 pm

Ran stared at the wall opposite her bed, her eyes boring into it like it could tell her some great unknown secret. She had just arrived back at Half-Blood Castle after visiting her father for a couple weeks back in Nara. Every year she went back to Japan to spend a month with her father, but they had cut this visit short after they were attacked by a kappa. Ran had killed it easily, but, worried that bigger monsters would be attracted, decided to leave early. Now she was back in her room at the castle, feeling more depressed then ever. She was studying and training hard, trying to find a way to convince Hades to give back her would-be mother.

She sighed and stood up, stretching her arms over her head to work the kinks out of her neck and padded out of the door and down the hall. She didn't know where she was going, but she couldn't just stay in her room. She would go insane. She moved soundlessly, staring straight ahead of her as she moved through the castle, not bothering to head anywhere in particular.
NobleSlug
NobleSlug

Back to top Go down

Listlessness Empty Re: Listlessness

Post by Sin Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:33 pm

Sin moved through the forest finally exiting the thick foliage and coming out to the giant castle that reached to the sky. His eyes wondered over the height and shook his head he hated tall buildings why did everything have to be so high up. He turned his head and smiled as he saw a massive lake that sparkled in the high sun, Water now this place was good. Sin walked through the castle doors looking around at the solid white marble.

The castle was a amazing sight inside, Solid white marble shone in the light with a massive waterfall in the center that spilled down into a even bigger in door pool. A hot tub was attached normally Sin always noticed waters first. He moved his head spotting the roof and was taken back at the sight. it showed the universe with the stars in the shapes of there seasons. Leo, Hercules, Scorpio and all the others . Under them with there hands out protectively were the 12 gods standing tall and proud. If you followed them down you would see a 15 foot statue of each god under there paintings on the ceiling which must have took the most skilled of there craft to create.

Sn looked the other way where a staircase was that moved up and up and up before spreading off. There were rooms and staircases that lead off down hallways that would be a maze to anyone who arrived with no one to show them around. Sin walked up the stairs and picked a hallway and walked down it both hands in his pockets as he took in the sights. "Wow this place is nice. He jumped as the echo reached back to him just as loud with a shake of his head he continued on amazed at the prowess of the building. With a shrug he continued on leaving behind wet muddy footprints on the carpet figuring someone would come along and clean it up or he would later whichever came first. Sin stopped as he turned down a hallway and sighed. The hallway lead to 20 or 30 more and Sin was completely lost.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by NobleSlug Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:01 pm

Ran turned a corner while she walked, her hair swaying gently in its ponytail, she still staring straight ahead, her eyes glazed over. She stopped suddenly when she noticed a person, and was about to turn when she noticed the look on his face. He looked a little lost and she sighed. Probably a new half-blood. She walked a little faster and stopped in front of him. "Pardon me," she said, her voice lowish and husky, almost gravely and more boyish then a girls should normally be, but with a touch of a musical lilt in it. "But you seem to be lost. Are you new here?"

She examined his face, looking for any hostility hidden there. He was young, younger then her by several years, and he looked aged for his years. He also, despite his younger age was taller and slightly heavier then she was, and she had to crane her neck slightly to look him in the eye. She waited for his answer, her face devoid of all emotion, bar perhaps a touch of boredom and a hint of depression.
NobleSlug
NobleSlug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:19 am

Sin looked over as footsteps came his way like in the water he could feel the vibrations on the ground so when the girl came into view he wasn't that surprised. As she came closer he noticed she was pretty but too old for his taste and besides the way she acted seemed as if she was use to being by herself. Sin shrugged as he looked down at her his green eyes as deep and emotionless as the sea itself. "A little lost I just arrived.

He leaned against the wall folding his arms as he looked at her he could sense something about her something unusual. The girl was older than him but his Irish nature made him taller and stronger than some of the people his age hell most. "I'm Sin by name and nature or as some call me Sinner. He turned his head before looking back at the girl. "So what is this place I was dropped off after some cobra dude attacked me and poof here I am at a large castle now confronted by a girl who smells like pixie dust. He chuckled he enjoyed being sarcastic something to do when nothing was going on.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by NobleSlug Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:28 am

"I am Ran... a pleasure to meet you... Sin. And you are in Half-Blood Castle," she said, quirking one eyebrow. She was used to most people at least knowing what the place was. She planted her hands on her hips. "Its a refuge for half-bloods, whom I hope you know about." She frowned slightly at the pixie dust comment. She thought her aura wasn't that noticeable normally. Then she smirked as she realized what he was smelling. "And what your smelling is sandalwood... and shampoo. Do you know how you got here?" she asked, peering up at him with almond shaped, brown eyes, her lips pursed.

She noted that he didn't seem as nervous as most kids were when they arrived. Maybe he knew who his god parent was... maybe he had for a while. That might explain his sarcastic air. She examined his face a little more closely. He seemed self-assured at least. 'I wonder if he's met the head...' she thought, chewing on her bottom lip absentmindedly.
NobleSlug
NobleSlug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:41 am

Sin shrugged and laughed. "I got here when my 75 yr old grandmother dropped me off out of a rented pinto the size of a clown car and had me go through a forest that seemed to follow me. Sin chuckled he couldn't help it he loved innuendos they were so much fun. Sin looked at the girl. "No I know sandalwood and shampoo that's not your smell. He walked around her his eyes focusing on her energy vibration. "No it's stronger than that something else something dark and yet not evil. Sin turned his head as some people ran by and shook his head. "Way to many people here. Sin leaned back against the wall staring at the ceiling.

He looked back at her as she said something about something. "Half blood what? he shook his head and laughed a cocky smug laughter. "look Bonny I was dropped offed after being attacked by a 6 foot tall 10 foot long cobra with thick arms. Do you think I care where I am? He sighed it had been a long day now he was talking to some girl in a castle one hell of a day. "Anyway is there a place I can put my bag?

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by NobleSlug Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:48 am

Her eyes narrowed as he circled her. How the hell did this kid sense her aura. She brushed that off when he started laughing though. "You should care where you are," she said, pursing her lips again and trying to figure out what he meant by 'bonny'. "Half-blood castle is a place where kids of gods won't get killed by monsters. As for a place to put your bag, There's dorm rooms for new, unclaimed kids in another wing. Unless you've been claimed already. Have you?" she asked, tilting her head to one side as she waited for him to answer.
NobleSlug
NobleSlug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:55 am

Sin looked at her his face turning serious. "I don't know what you mean claimed I am assuming your asking who my parents are, Well my mother is a good woman my father is some dead beat loser who took off before I was born ya a real man. Sin slammed his bag onto his shoulder and walked away from her his footsteps slamming on the ground as he looked back his face full of anger and loathing. "So are you going to show me where it is or do I just find it on my own? He turned back around as he waited he hated when people asked him about his parents what was the point of asking anyway.

Sin looked back as she spoke of the gods shaking his head/"Gods please there myths, legends, fairy tales that parents tell to make there worthless kids feel better about himself. He stood waiting a strong figure holding a heavy bag with loathing written on his face as he waited for the girl to decide what she was going to do.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by NobleSlug Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:02 am

Ran looked taken aback at his sudden change in demeanor. I see... so he has no idea...' She chewed on her lip again before walking back towards him and passing. "Come on then," she said, walking towards the western dorm wing. She heard what he said about fairy tales and she snorted. "Worthless. Thats lovely," she said. She would have interpreted what he said as arrogance, something she couldn't stand, except for his expression.

"And if you believe that, you are living in the wrong world. How do you explain the snake man?" she asked, taking a turn down another hall. She worked the kinks out of her neck as she walked, rubbing it slightly. It was still sore from the plane trip back to the castle and she hadn't been moving enough that day to loosen it up.
NobleSlug
NobleSlug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:12 am

Sin followed her working his sore ankle from kicking the Snake in the jaw. "That's easy a government mutation weapon that escaped and happened onto our bus I was just unlucky. Sin waited for every 4 of her steps he only had to take two to keep up, One free hand was in his pocket as he carried the large bag. "Ok your so smart about this place why don't you tell me whats going on. He looked around memorizing the area as he worked out a map in his mind to keep from getting lost and set landmarks.

Sin noticed her eagerness to retort but his anger seemed to hold her back which was common not many tried to pick a fight with someone who looked like he could rip there lungs out for fun. "So what are you doing here you don't look like the helpless type the way you move shows you have training. He examined her movements fluid graceful a fighter but there was something else like she didn't need it to survive. He waited for her response as they walked down the hall.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by NobleSlug Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:18 am

"Government mutation," she chuckled under her breath. "And didn't I tell you, this is a place for children of gods. Technically only greek gods. We don't really... associate with the children of other gods. But then again, those are just fairy tales, right?" she asked, her tone heavy in sarcasm. Then she blinked. "Well aren't you... observant... and I live here. The training is just for fighting... so I can stay alive and all that... after all, all of those... what were they? Oh yeah, government mutations are pretty dangerous."

She was getting more snarky by the moment. Obviously this kid could take care of himself, so she stopped using tact and started acting like she normally did. She took another turn and kept walking, her movements still practically soundless. She knew, after she got him set up with a room, she'd need to get him talking to the head. She didn't think she was the one to break the news that his dad wasn't really a bum who abandoned his mother, but instead a greek god. She knew she was plenty angry over being abandoned by Hecate, but she thought, from the emotions he had expressed, he might have more violent tendencies that she did.
NobleSlug
NobleSlug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:29 am

Sin let out a little growl that echoed out as his fist tightened on the strap that was his bag. "So what your saying that the stories of the Greek gods Zeus and all of them are real, The mythological beings of the forces of the world are real? he laughed rolling his eyes. "And you think my idea of government mutation is crazy. Sin shook his head as he watched her. "Training to survive, why I don't see anything here trying to hurt you or anyone else. Sin moved faster so he was walking next to her his powerful frame making her look small and petite. "OK Say i believe this whole god thing then what your saying they actually come down and interact with us huh ya right there so powerful what do they care?

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by NobleSlug Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:33 am

"Let me put it this way, when I say gods, I mean lower case g. Whatever came before any of that, we don't deal with that. So is it really that impossible that gods could exist? And, yes, they come down and interact with us. How do you think you were born? You're the child of a god and a mortal," she said, saying the last part more carefully and watching him out of the corner of her eye, making sure what she said wouldn't hit home to much. She didn't want to have to deal with violence or the sort right then.
NobleSlug
NobleSlug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:40 am

Sin turned to look at her his eyes cold and violent as he stopped his voice as cold as ice. "Never say that again my father was some loser who showed up did his business and left and if i ever see him I will wrap my hands around his throat and squeeze. He continued past her as he took his third step his fist flashed out hitting the wall and the floor gave a small shake as he continued down the hall barking back at her. "Come show me where to put this accursed bag.

He looked back at her as he tried to relax and waited for her to catch up tapping his foot as he stared at the wall in front of him ignoring the hole in the wall which now shamed the hallway they were just in. Sin's breathing tried to become regular again as he fought to control his anger wanting nothing more then to punch something or mainly a certain father who never came to even one birthday or sent his mother one check to help her out. Sins hands shook as he thought of all the wrongs that man had done to his mother.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by NobleSlug Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:46 am

Ran watched him punch the wall. 'Child of Ares maybe...?' she thought. 'I really shouldn't be going there.' But she had too. She wasn't a counselor, but she had had similar experiences with new kids here, and she knew he'd have to hear it. "Why are you so resistant to the fact that he might not be?" she asked, catching up with him again. She was still wary of his moves, making sure he wouldn't aim anything at her.

She tightened her high ponytail and continued walking towards the dorm rooms. They were almost there, and then after he was settled in her could talk to the head and she wouldn't have to play the bitch who had to tell him that his life was practically a lie until up to coming to half-blood castle. She shuddered mentally at that image.
NobleSlug
NobleSlug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:54 am

Sin spun on her his eyes as dark as a tidal wave on a cold arctic night. "Why would a god someone who is strong and brave and fearless run off without even a goodbye or even come visit it would take 2 seconds one act of kindness something to help my mother, No my father is a worthless coward who uses a person and runs off not a god. He turned as they came to the door and with a solid kick sent the door flying open. Two kids inside spun around as Sin walked in and threw his bag on a empty bed and looked at the others. "Problem? The two turned away deciding this wasn't a good time to confront the large pissed off Irish kid who was looking for a fight.

Sin walked out glaring at the kids before exiting the room and closing the now broken door. The handle and lock was shattered but the door was also nearly broken in half being held together by splinters. "Now let's go see this head of yours so we can get this straightened out and prove my deadbeat worthless excuse for a father isn't a god. Sin walked by her with both hands in his pockets as he waited for her to take the lead.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by NobleSlug Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:00 am

She blinked several times as he kicked the door open. She glared at the kids inside, and they seemed to already have the gist that they shouldn't butt in. She watched him walk back out. "If I turn out to be right, are you going to break another door? I have a whole array of ways to prove what I am saying it true, so I would suggest you get your temper under control before you see the head," she said, walking past him and motioning for him to follow.

She knew she wasn't being easy to like right then. She didn't really work well in this situation. She liked being able to deal with problems, but when dealing with her world, she found it was much worse then 'normal' issues. She tugged down the bottom of her zipped up hood, before unzipping it, finding herself growing uncomfortably warm. She slid her arms out of it and tied it around her waist as she walked.
NobleSlug
NobleSlug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:08 am

Sin followed her out both hands stuffed into his pockets as he walked behind her staring at the ceiling his boots echoed on the ground. "If it is proven you realize I won't hold back when I meet whoever it is for the first time. Sin looked down stairs as some kids crowded in running through the hall downstairs. "Stupid fools. Sin continued with her his fists balled in his pockets. "Who is your mother? He looked at her waiting for her answer curious to see what she would say.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by NobleSlug Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:14 am

She felt a prickle of anger at what he said about the people running downstairs. 'He's very self-righteous sounding,' she thought, narrowing her eyes. She knew there must be reasons. He obviously had seen a lot in his life, but he sure sounded secure in his 'knowledge' that he had seen more then most kids. Of course, so many of them who were here had also. She sighed at his next question. "Well, once you talk to the head, you'll probably believe what I have been saying, but why wait. My father is a mortal, my mother was Hecate." She continued walking, waiting to hear what he'd say.
NobleSlug
NobleSlug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:19 pm

Sin laughed unable to help himself as he heard her mention the woman. "Hecate the goddess of magic? Sin chuckled as he walked behind her. "Oh that is rich of all the ones to pick you choose the hag, Hey can my dad be Typhoon? He leaned against the wall laughing hard holding his ribs as he shook his head trying to catch his breath. "Wow thanks for the laugh i mean your imagination must be way out there, let me guess this is like a safe house for kids of agencies. The young boy walked beside her counting on his fingers. "Hmm C.I.A., F.B.I, I.R.A those three letter organizations and the gods are code names very clever kinda south of the border on smartness but if it works.

Sin followed her noticing the hallway went from marble to a woodland kind of area with vines and trees growing all around with a chuckle he looked at the girl. "What is this like final fantasy eight SeeD and all that? The young man was obviosuly hiding behind smart remarks and his violent attitude to keep from being weak in his mind he was still scared of that cobra dude and a strong outer shell kept his fears from showing, His mind hadn't started working out different scenarios to what that creature was but all he could do now was be sarcastic. "Hey when I was 10 a woman came to my home a very very beautiful woman too beautiful she stayed and her voice was so calming whenever she spoke my mother would become really.....gentle with everything. He looked at her wondering if she knew that woman. "She came back a few days later she had a hairy man with her blue fur and he changed much like that man on the bus he attacked my mother and I blacked out the next thing i know I am on my feet breathing hard and only wreckage of there raft was left....Do you know what happened?

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by NobleSlug Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:15 pm

She glared back at him. "Funny, a castle in the U.K. holding children of U.S. agencies. Of course thats the case," she said, her voice dripping in sarcasm. She relaxed slightly when they reached the nature filled hallway. She always loved nature. She felt more at home there then she did anywhere else. "Fantasy? Not really, more of an offering to any gods of wilderness," she said, sounding a little bored. She had a feeling he wouldn't believe her, but she was starting to suspect there was more fear hidden under his snarky comments. She wouldn't bring it up though. She wasn't there to break him.

She looked back at him though when he started to describe a woman. A frown appeared on her face. There were too many options for what she could be. Then she heard the hairy man and she bit her lip. "There are a lot of possibilities. I'd tell you that the woman was probably an angry monster or a servant of a god, and she and the blue man were drawn to your aura, so to speak, that was there from your godly heritage. But I don't think you'd believe me, so I won't." She continued to walk, listening for what he'd say next.
NobleSlug
NobleSlug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:50 pm

Sin shrugged as he kept walking looking around. "Doesn't matter anyway there dead I'm not, As for your response I.R.A is Ireland and also there are four safe houses in America for other nations kids. Sin looked around and sighed not one drop of water anywhere man what he would do for a dip in a pool or a lake. He turned down the next hall way and stopped at a large oak door about 20 feet high and 15 feet wide. "Huh guess a Cyclops must be here why not? Sin leaned against the wall looking at the girl. "OK monster or servant of a god got it but what would draw them to me I mean I'm obviously not mega powerful not that i believe the gods are real.

Sin growled punching the wall. "Is there not one drink of water in this whole place? Sin looked at the door as he waited before looking at his escort. "So what now? do we ring a big bell or is there something mystical like a chant? Oh I got it we sacrifice a goat.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by NobleSlug Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:00 pm

She grimaced. She wasn't extremely knowledgeable about american safehouses. Then she grimaced even deeper. "Around here, we know that names have power. A... cyclops... is not a word we say often," she said, making a face. Then she bit her lip, her expression going from annoyed and put upon to worried. "Well... any half-blood attracts monsters, but the more powerful your parent, the more you attract. And obviously you have no idea who your real father is. Though I thought you would be claimed by now..." Then she frowned slightly. "Of course there's water. Just now right here." 'I wonder if that has anything to do with his godly parent...' she thought.

Then her expression went back to annoyed. "Why don't you try knocking genius. After all, goats are so 2nd century," she said, crossing her arms and looking at him with smirk.

((OOC: I'm going to see if Chaos can join and NPC Mr. D.))
NobleSlug
NobleSlug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:16 pm

Sin ignored her and grabbed a cup of water drinking it down quickly before refilling it and felt all his tiredness from the day drop away. "Ahh so much better nothing like cool water to make the body feel perfect. He nodded walking past her as he slammed his fist against the door making a solid boom from the door before following with two more. Sin stepped back turning to his guide and leaned back waiting for the door to open. "Names have power here? Sin looked up at the pictures of the gods hanging around. "Man you guys stick to your stories like glue got pictures and statutes of them all over the place wow.

Sin sat down crossing his legs as he closed his eyes sliding into his own mind as he waited patiently it would be some government agent from somewhere who would tell him this was a safe house and his worthless father was some agent or someone who saw something he wasn't suppose to. Sin opened his eyes imagining his fist crashing into his fathers jaw oh yes poetic justice for the man who ruined his mothers life and fled.

Sin

Back to top Go down

Post by NobleSlug Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:25 pm

Her brow furrowed as he brightened from drinking the water. She chewed on her lip again as she considered the options for his father. Perhaps he was the son of a minor sea god; that would explain the water. Maybe Ares... that would give reason for the violence and for his temper. She knew there was another option, but she didn't want to think about that. Then she realized he was talking. She nodded. "Yes, names have power. And we keep the pictures and statues as signs of respect."

She watched him sit and saw the violent look in his eyes. This was not going to be easy, introducing him to this world. Even worse explaining the real situation with his father. She wondered if his mother had raised him to hate his real father. That would make this entire thing too complicated. She realized she was muttering the words under her breath and she grimaced. Talking to herself was a bad habit.
NobleSlug
NobleSlug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum